Vernon Hills blotter for Dec. 10, 2012
Updated: February 11, 2013 1:58AM
The following incidents were listed in the official reports of the Vernon Hills Police Department. Readers are reminded that an arrest by police does not constitute a finding of guilt; only a court of law can make that determination.
• Dennis W. Fischer, 36, of 510 Saddlebrook Lane, Vernon Hills, was charged Friday, Nov. 30, with aggravated assault and improper lane usage. During the traffic stop, Fischer allegedly threatened the police officers. He faces a Dec. 20 court date.
• Daniel Gomez, 18, of 116 Linden Ave., Mundelein; Alfredo Maldonado, 19, of 311 McKinley Ave., Mundelein; and a 16-year-old male were charged Saturday, Dec. 1, with mob action after allegedly admitting to damaging a vehicle in the 900 block of Cherry Valley Road. The minor also was charged with violating curfew. They face a Jan. 10 court date.
• Tori D. Johnson, 18, of 15365 W. Rockland Lane, Libertyville, and a 17-year-old male were charged Sunday, Dec. 2, with retail theft after allegedly leaving JC Penney, 4 Hawthorn Center, without paying for $46 worth of jewelry and makeup. They face a Jan. 10 court date.
• Diego J. Sarabia, 19, of 455 N. Greenview Ave., Mundelein, was charged Saturday, Dec. 1, with theft after allegedly taking $549.97 worth of Apple products from Toys R Us, 555 E. Townline Road, while employed by the store. He faces a Dec. 21 court date.
• A 16-year-old female was charged Saturday, Dec. 1, with retail theft after allegedly leaving Carson Pirie Scott, 3 Hawthorn Center, without paying for $12 worth of food and clothing. She faces a Jan. 10 court date.
• Bela Gathy, 68, of 55 Old Mill Grove Road, Lake Zurich, was charged Wednesday, Nov. 28, with theft after allegedly taking several pieces of scrap metal from Jared Jewelers, 567 E. Townline Road. He faces a Dec. 13 court date.
• Quinesha A Curry, 25, of 1810 Victoria Ave., North Chicago, was charged Wednesday, Nov. 28, with theft after allegedly leaving Macy’s, 1 Hawthorn Center, without paying for a Coach purse and wallet.
• A 15-year-old female was charged Wednesday, Nov. 28, with retail theft after allegedly leaving Icing, 619 Hawthorn Center, without paying for $12.50 worth of jewelry.
• Brenda M. Watrach, 18, of 1034 N. Hermitage, Chicago, and Kelsey D. Gold, 19, of 675 Greenview Lane, Wheeling, were charged Monday, Nov. 26, with retail theft and possession of stolen property after allegedly leaving Sears, 2 Hawthorn Center, without paying for merchandise. They face a Dec. 13 court date.